I am happy to offer papermaking workshops now in my Santa Rosa, CA, studio. Please contact me for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to register for a workshop in February. Other workshops will be planned, so also let me know what you would like to learn and what days or times are best for you.
Papermaking Workshops in Santa Rosa with Jane Ingram Allen
Introduction to Hand Papermaking: Feb. 10, 2018
Exotic Fibers for Papermaking: Feb. 24, 2018
at Studio Santa Rosa, 3840 Finley Ave., Building 32, Studio 107
Why take a Papermaking Workshop?
• Create your own unique paper.
• Experience the zen of hand papermaking.
• Learn about the unique qualities of different plant fibers.
• Make the handmade paper itself the finished work, or combine it with printmaking, painting, drawing, bookmaking, collage, sculpture, basketry, weaving, etc.
About the Workshops:
• intimate setting; class size limited to 5 people.
• Beginners and experienced papermakers welcome.
• Equipment and supplies provided.
• Coffee and tea provided. Bring your own lunch.
• Questions: 857-234-2432 or contact by email at email@example.com
About the Instructor:
• Award winning international artist and hand papermaking expert with 40 years of experience.
• Papermaking teacher and resident artist in Japan, Nepal, Thailand, Indonesia (Bali), Tanzania, France, England, Brazil, and the US. Fulbright Scholar Award artist in Taiwan and Fulbright Specialist artist in Turkey.
• Trained in traditional Japanese papermaking in Japan, and taught papermaking while living in Taiwan for 8 plus years.
• Former art professor at SUNY, Morrisville, NY, and College of St. Rose, Albany, NY.
• Taught papermaking workshops in US at Women’s Studio Workshop, Peter’s Valley School of Craft, Morgan Conservatory, Queens Botanical Garden, Sitka Center for Art & Ecology and others.
• For more info https://janeingramallen.wordpress.com and http://www.janeingramallen.com
Description of Workshops
Introduction to Hand Papermaking: Explore basic techniques of Western papermaking including sheet forming, pressing and drying as well as decorative techniques of laminating, embedding and watermarking. Create an array of handmade papers using cotton, abaca and local plant fibers.
• Saturday, February 10, 10AM to 4PM. Pre-register by Feb. 2; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 857-234-2432.
• Cost $90 – Materials and equipment provided *
Exotic Fibers for Papermaking: Learn Japanese and Western techniques for papermaking and create an array of handmade papers from unusual fibers such as abaca, kozo (paper mulberry bark), spruce bark, and eucalyptus bark gathered locally.
• Saturday, February 24, 2018, 10AM to 4PM. Pre-register by Feb. 16; email to email@example.com or phone 857-234-2432.
• Cost: $90 – Materials and equipment provided *
*Discounts Available: $10 off for taking a 2nd workshop; $10 off for recommending a friend who signs up for a workshop.