Hello everyone, I will again be curating the international environmental art project in Cheng Long, Taiwan!
Please announce this opportunity to artists in your network.
Artist in Residency/Call for Proposals)
2015 Cheng Long Wetlands International Environmental Art Project in Taiwan
Artists from all countries are invited to send a proposal for a large-scale site-specific outdoor environmental sculpture installation to be created during a 25-day residency in Cheng Long, a small coastal village in southwest Taiwan, working with elementary school students, residents and volunteers. The 6 selected artists will receive an artist’s fee of US$2,000, airfare, accommodations and meals; for more information visit http://artproject4wetland.wordpress.com
Theme for 2015: “Fragile – Handle with Care”
Residency in Cheng Long, Taiwan: April 9 – May 4, 2015
Deadline for Entries: January 15, 2015
To Apply: Send the following to Curator, Jane Ingram Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org Proposals in Chinese to Ms. Chao-Mei Wang at email@example.com
- Description of proposed sculpture including dimensions and materials (limit one page, sent as attached .doc or .pdf file).
- Artist Statement about how your art relates to the theme and including your experience working with children and communities and how you will involve them in your artwork (limit 1 page sent, as attached .doc or .pdf file).
- Sketch of your proposed artwork (attached .jpg file of less than 1 MB).
- 6 images of previous related works (6 attached .jpg files, each less than 1 MB)
- Image list about the 6 images, including title of work, date made, materials used and location of the artwork (sent as attached .doc or .pdf file)
- CV or Resume (sent as attached .doc or .pdf file) including present address, nationality, education, awards, residencies and exhibitions)
Jane Ingram Allen, Curator and Artist